domingo, 31 de agosto de 2008

Navegando em mares distantes...KY ADDERLEY, Founding Principal & Executive Director of Team & Family Services - KIPP AMP Academy

Ola,

First, I would like to take a moment and thank all of you for the hospitality and warmth that I felt during my visit to Rio De Janerio in June. I left Rio with such positive memories and have inspiration to be part of something bigger. I would also like to apologize for the delay in this thank you, but two days after I returned to the US my father passed away. So as you may imagine I have spent the last few months busy with family, traveling back and forth from New York City to Philadelphia and reflecting in the quite moments on his/our life.

Now it is close to September and we are starting another school year at KIPP AMP Academy! It is an exciting year for us as our first class of students will be graduating and matriculating to the KIPP NYC High school that we are founding in September of 2009J We are also planning our inaugural 8th grade trip to Brasil for the May or June monthsJ

It was a pleasure meeting all of you and I am excited and eager to continuing the great conversations and work that we have begun to ensure that ALL Brasilian children learn!

I will be in Rio De Janeiro for a short trip before I join Oi Futuro in Natal to speak at their conference. If time permits I would love to see you allJ I will arrive on the 6th and remain in Brasil until the 14th of September.

p.s.-Please find below an email I sent to my staff once I returned from Brasil.


Respectfully yours

Ky

Ky Adderley
Founding Principal &
Executive Director of Team & Family Services
KIPP AMP Academy
917 309 0799
www.kippamp.org
kadderley@kippamp.org

Nenhum comentário: